Thursday, February 11, 2010

formspring.me

Is art a necessity for life? Or a luxury? If art suffers does humanity suffer?

It's necessary for my life; I would be a hollow girl without it. So, for me, it's not a luxury. I'm certain it's different for other people. For some people, soccer is a necessity. That will vary from person to person.

I think that if art is stagnant, humanity suffers. A big aim of art is to get people to think; if people aren't thinking, they suffer. Stagnation kills. Especially in the midst of the collective tragedy of the past, we all need something to cling onto. You find that thing(s) and you clingthefuckontoit. Art is a part of the general mental health, as is economics and politics and debate and culture et al. All little cogs working together--if one is a little off, we're going to feel it.

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment